Fanny Harkins has always been a “cheerleader” – from her school days when she was one, through an illustrious career as a Realtor, and a lifetime of volunteering for worthy groups and causes. There isn’t a church, charity, civic organization, event, committee, or activity in Seguin that hasn’t been the beneficiary of her selfless enthusiasm and boundless energy.
A resident of Seguin since 1951, Fanny married Jack Harkins in 1954, and has 3 children and 7 grandchildren. She is a dual member of St. James Catholic Church – where she has volunteered for almost 3 decades – and Our Lady of Guadalupe; a 15-year ambassador for the Chamber of Commerce; a member of the Seguin Citizen Police Alumni Association; and is certified as a VOAD Emergency Management Assistant. All that, and Fanny is also one of Seguin’s top Realtors.
- St. James Catholic Church – Congregant & Committee Member, 27 years
- Chamber of Commerce – Ambassador, Committee Member & Volunteer, 15 years; "Tourism Partner of the Year" 2006
- Main Street Advisory Committee – "Volunteer of the Year" 2007
- Seguin Gazette – "Citizen of the Year" 2007
- Seguin Citizen Police Alumni Assoc. – Founding Member, Fundraiser and Volunteer
- Catholic Daughters – Committee Member
- Habitat for Humanity – Donated two lots
- Our Lady of Guadalupe – Obtained area property
- Certified VOAD – Emergency Management Assistance for Guadalupe County